PROTOCOLS, PROCEDURES & PRECAUTIONS
In these unprecedented times, we understand the difficulties and uncertainty surrounding normal activities that most of us have previously taken for granted. At Elite we take great pride in the safety and well-being of everyone who enters our facility. We have done our best to meet or exceed guidelines set by a number of organizations; organizations including the CDC, NY State Health Department, WHO, USAG, SafeSport and gymnastics industry standards. While we are thrilled about the ability to reopen, we know that we need to do our part to keep everyone safe. Below is a list of some preparations we have made over the last few months to keep our families safe.
Although no one can guarantee 100% virus and bacteria free, Elite Gymnastics is doing all we can to lower the risk of exposure to any contaminants.
- Incorporated a comprehensive plan for drop off and pick up of athletes
- Integrated a temperature check and “certification” process to enter the facility (Athletes,Parents & Staff)
- Installed additional sanitizing dispensers throughout the gym.
- Installed touchless soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers in bathrooms.
- Incorporated hospital grade sanitizing solutions to clean and disinfect the facility.
- Incorporated a “Misting System” to help thoroughly sanitize areas and equipment.
- Marked facility to help maintain social distancing.
- Improved directional flow within the gym.
- Only one person at a time will be permitted to use the restroom. Girls bathroom is designated for Students, Boys bathroom will be designated for Coaches & Staff.
- Disabled water fountains.
- Cubbies will no longer be used (Athletes will be required to bring in and carry a bag with their belongings)
- Recommend parents abstaining from entering gym unless they have an appointment or call the front desk from the parking lot until further notice. Masks are required to enter.
- All staff will wear a face covering while in the gym.
- Students will be required to wear a mask or face covering when entering gym and may take off to do gym activities and when on equipment.
- Trained staff to effectively follow new protocols.
- Supplied staff with personal “necessity packs” which they will carry so athletes can limit the times they leave their area. They include commonly needed supplies (i.e. sanitizer, band aids, disposable ice packs, hair ties etc.)
- Lesson plans have been modified to omit partner activities, shared “props” and non-essential spotting.
- Exploring options to live stream classes for parent viewing.